Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Rebearding, etc.

I'm so grateful for this week, and it's not hardly done. Some great conversation that doesn't lighten the load, but lightens the world around it. That's a beautiful thing.

I've had some great moments as we're writing and rehearsing material for the next batch of recordings. It's been a creative time, and I have met again the joy on the other side of pressing through difficult seasons. We got 2 songs today, and fixed another from yesterday. I anticipate the results tomorrow. I love the guys I work with, and I love to see little ideas come to mean big things. It sounds obvious to say, but we're currently finding the most powerful expression of our faith is in writing about relationships. Fancy that. Early reviews of demos from those I love and trust say we're on to something.

I'm preparing to staff a retreat this weekend. Retreat is not really the proper term. It is in all regards an advance. It's something I was a part of a few years ago, and I have found freedom in my life to live with great love as a result of the work that started there. In short, I experienced a life change. This is a gift that I get to help pass on to many others this weekend. Part of this looks like running around gathering last minute sundries, which I'll be doing tomorrow.

Example

It's a bit of an unrefined time, and to celebrate or rather emphasize this, I've boycotted the razor. It's a fun thing to be lazy that way. And it will help me keep the edges hot. I will still find time to shower.

I hope for some insight to bring back next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home