Saturday, March 15, 2008

Ever-changing.

I am not who I was, even a few months ago. There's great relief in that. One of my fears is that I'll stop growing and just talk about growth. In my age, I'll be quicker to speak than listen...dispensing the same crap to everyone that will sit while I hold court. The edges of my life will get dull and cool. I don't want to get stuck and I don't want the fire of life to die down now, after going through so much. I don't want to be the same.

I don't know if there will be any fundamental change to my personality...and maybe that's not a problem. I'm discovering parts of myself that have always been alive, always been inside me, but quite asleep. I've been challenged by a few close friends to work that out in some new risks. Some new art. I've seen it already drawn out of me by others. Love and trust will do that.

Maybe rather than fundamental change, we can find that identity will be brought to a greater fullness. Again and again, in light of the life's seasons, new risks, and hopes that move from cloudy apparition to flesh, I will continue to become that new creation I long to be - for life and love's sake.

May God grant grant us eyes to see the becoming.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Angela Hart said...

Hey Steve,
I like your last sentence in this post.
Angela

12:20 AM

 
Blogger Mike said...

dude,
I really like this post. You communicate a lot of what I have been feeling as of late. thank you.

-mike

11:13 AM

 
Blogger mrs metaphor said...

it all comes back to love...it just always does, doesn't it?

7:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home