Wednesday, September 12, 2007

...like water on a burning beach...

Last night I went to see Crowded House play the Ryman auditorium. It was a really important night for me. A great grace.

It was taking in some beauty with the closest of friends. A big communal embrace. And all of it 4th row balcony, dead center, as Neil Finn sang:

Can you imagine that
an itch too sensitive to scratch
the light that falls through the cracks
an insect too delicate to catch
I hear the endless murmur
every blade of grass that shivers in the breeze
and the sound that comes to carry me
across the land and over the sea
And I can't look up
fingers of love move down
Example
Truly, colour is it's own reward.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mrs Metaphor said...

spoken in my best Napoleon Dynamite voice, "LUCKY!"

I think I remember what it felt like to see a band live...I think I shall have my mid life crisis now....ack.

9:36 PM

 
Blogger Carlen said...

To answer your questions - yes, it went GREAT, and yes, sooner than soon. Seriously.

10:28 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home