Thursday, July 05, 2007

Newfound beauty...

This is a musical/visual mixture with some Antonio Carlos Jobim & Elis Regina, Audrey Hepburn, João & Astrud Gilberto, a dash of Stan Getz, sprinkled with Os Mutantes.

It describes this feeling I have of riding in a car on a warm fall morning, the ground still wet from the night's rain, with the early sun overwhelming my eyes, as I fight through the light to look out the window, anticipating a lovely meeting with someone who makes my heart climb up into my throat, making it difficult to talk.

Example

Greg Kurstin & Inara George in all their classic '60s lounge pop art glory. Just listen. Or watch. I can't speak for the record yet, but I love this track. Again and again.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carlen said...

I think we should play a drinking game to this song. We could take a drink every time they sing, oh, I don't know, maybe the word "again"? Though that might require a LOT of alcohol...
(So - does talking about drinking make this at least an R-rated blog now? Fuckin' A - what's it gonna take?)

1:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home