Monday, July 30, 2007

32 and counting....

I've neglected to speak of my birthday. 32 years ago I was born around 6am. The celebration this year was a sweet time. I received lots of remembrances. My friend Joel told me they had my name in the paper with Kevin Bacon's as people of note who had birthdays that day. 6 degrees indeed. Hah. Angelica Houston, too, I think.

My book buddy Carlen gave me a hilarious card and my first Potter book. Imagine that. When I tell friends I haven't read any of the series, they look at me as if we use an outhouse at our home. Yes, I'm late on this one. The fellas got me a gift card for Barney Noble's Library(as a taxi cab driver once called it).

At home, where we have indoor plumbing, Lis made a cake, and we opened gifts. The best cake in the world, as far as I'm concerned. Homemade chocolate, with homemade chocolate icing. Whew.
Example
My mom made that every year for me. A lot of love went into that. What I have grown out of is the request for creamed corn at dinner. Not so much anymore.
Example
A flaming fury of candles shaped in a 32. I had lots of help blowing out the candles.
Example
I opened some gifts as well. I received a lot of fun stuff from the gap.
Example
Ella made me a heart at the ceramic art place. That one got me good.

I went out that night with Lis, David and Susan, and Scott and Christine. It was a great meal at Ichiban, one of the best sushi places in Nashville. Lis was a trooper, I'm sure she hated that - not a big fish fan. All in all, a good day. I felt love from all over, and put some of that in the bank.

8 Comments:

Blogger GBug said...

great moments.
great photos.
great family.

x

6:12 PM

 
Blogger e.d. said...

I never cease to be amazed at the photographs that you post, they bring such vibrancy to your writing.

7:31 PM

 
Blogger inajar said...

sounds like you had a mound of fun at your party. :)
the pics were cute, too.

11:32 AM

 
Blogger ohchicken said...

happy happy belated.
i'm longing for chocolate now.
and your kids are beautiful.
and you are handsome.
and i wish i had been there!

1:29 AM

 
Blogger Mrs Metaphor said...

Happy Birthday to one merely scratching the surface of his 30's...ah me, I remember those days, like they were only 8 years ago.

One question...how can your family consistently be SO photogenic? Hm? Do you give lessons?

8:37 PM

 
Blogger Carlen said...

Kevin Bacon is freakin' good company.

Hope MI is great - must hang when you're home, before, after, during my birthday, whatever you can do. How's the book??? Jeanne, yes, JEANNE finished book 1 on her last business trip. You two could start a virgin Harry Potter book club (I could facilitate that, if you'd like.)

9:48 PM

 
Blogger schmelorama said...

happy b-day flib, hope you're feeling some love from austin, it's sent special delivery. i haven't read the potter books either.. let me know how it is.
xoxoxo
helen:)

4:23 PM

 
Blogger Josh Collins said...

I always knew you were a walking Gap add...

12:09 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home