Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Some new vocabulary...

As a now indy artist/small business owner, I've taken on quite a bit of new response-a-libities. These are all welcomed, however. Life has taken some large changes, some for the better, some seem to be that part of life happening. All in all, I'm learning a lot about myself, and that's eventually a good thing. For answering the where have you been question, go here.

A friend gave me these quotes from Buechner...

"...the air cleaved and folded back like a tent flap, to let a splendor in...and in that moment I was filled with such a sweet panic and anguish of longing for I had no idea what that my life could never be complete until I found it....It was the upward-reaching, fathomlessly hungering, heart-breaking love for the beauty of the world at its most beautiful, and, beyond that, for that beauty east of the sun and west of the moon which is past the reach of all but our most desperate desiring and is finally the beauty of beauty itself, of Being itself and what lies at the heart of Being.
Example
Today I pray for response in my responsibilities. Something in kind. A signal.

I'm learning that my heart depends on it, and it's a much more serious pursuit than I've ever realized. God help me and those I love to find some beauty today.

1 Comments:

Blogger ohchicken said...

bananie misses you.

1:07 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home