Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Knock me out....

The britophile lay dormant within me for quite some time. I spent a few months in and around London, and fell in love with the city and its culture. Ok, a few of the people, too. I wish I had better access to the music now. It tweaked me in a wonderful way.

XMU, the college station on satellite radio is my window into the new and sometimes brilliant. I've been hit upside the head again. Lily Allen. She's given me another peek inside UK pop culture that had me laughing the first time I heard the track. Check out "Knock 'Em Out" and "Smile."
Example
She's adorably chippy, quite crass, and the beats are ridiculous. It's undeniable. "Not in a million years.....!"

3 Comments:

Blogger killedasouthernbelle said...

take a listen to KEXP.ORG as well. Its not London.. its seattle based listener supported.
quite a wealth of good music there as well.

1:29 PM

 
Blogger mrs metaphor said...

It's not music but she is a brit...and I think you'd appreciate her humor!
www.babychaos.wordpress.com

12:02 PM

 
Blogger GBug said...

Or there always www.bbc.co.uk/6music. They have great music and great staff... and you'd have discovered Lily about a year ago.

x

9:02 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home