Friday, December 01, 2006

December.

I'm set to leave town for a week, to do some heart work. Before I left, I wanted to post a picture of my furry face, as I intend on shaving it off the day I return.
Example
I hope your thanksgiving was sweet and full of gratitude. I'm learning that gratitude is turn-key for me to enjoying life in its fullness.

Also - I heard a story recently of a man that worked with Mother Theresa for a time, and was asked by her how she could pray for him. He said,"Clarity." Her response, paraphrased, was something like,"I will not pray for you to have clarity. That will keep you from trusting God. I will pray that you trust God."

I hope that you find gratitude and freedom to trust God in this season.

7 Comments:

Blogger Matthew Smith said...

Don't shave! The rock and roll beard must endure.

9:38 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

That quote is found in the first chapter of Ruthless Trust by Brennan Manning. I found that book incredibly helpful a few years ago.

I am praying for you every day during your time away.

Thomas+

8:22 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

strangely enough I stumbled upon that same story recently...it felt prophetic to me at the time.

9:56 AM

 
Blogger GBug said...

very George Harrison...

I do hope that when you shaved you did the mandatory 'taking photos with different beards' thing... We all need to see the Village People/Edge in the video to 'Discoteque' moustache.

Pilgrim x

9:51 AM

 
Blogger Trevor Henderson said...

Beard!?! I thought you were wearing that monster costume thing!

10:22 AM

 
Blogger ohchicken said...

be well, my friend...

9:02 AM

 
Blogger killedasouthernbelle said...

to be perfectly honest: this picture evokes impure thoughts.
sorry!

1:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home