Monday, August 14, 2006

Spontaneous cremation...

My friend Jim brought his family over yesterday, and we were sitting around talking about this piano that I had been given from my Grandmother who had passed. It was a gift that held most value in memory. It had lost it's tune, and wasn't playable anymore.

Well, this is the solution we came up with. It would have cost too much money to repair the old spinet piano, and rather than pay some company to take it away, we moved it to the fire pit.
Example
When it was all said and done, this felt like an honorable way to say goodbye.
Example
It was an artistic sendoff, with lots of great visuals.
Example

11 Comments:

Blogger Matthew Smith said...

Rock and roll, cola wars, I can't take it anymore!!!! We didn't start the fire!!!

6:17 PM

 
Blogger Mike said...

amazing.

11:41 AM

 
Blogger GBug said...

I can't believe you burnt the piano! You should be arrested for acts of cruelty!

beautiful pictures though...

4:56 PM

 
Blogger Alexia said...

wow.
wow.
I mean, awesome.

5:07 PM

 
Blogger Jeremy said...

oh my sweet lord. that is amazing.

10:29 PM

 
Blogger killedasouthernbelle said...

i like fire.

12:11 PM

 
Blogger Carlen said...

I WISH I could've been there for this.

10:26 PM

 
Blogger ohchicken said...

please tell me you made grandma-piano-heated smores...

3:51 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm sad to see it go... it was such a beautiful piece.... even if it didn't work so well.... too bad you didn't have the ability to fling it while on fire like that old northern exposure episode....

4:03 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's too bad. I would've picked it up AND paid you. For an out-of-tune piano. Standard tunings are overrated.

1:36 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have liked to be there for that! Just went camping last week and have once again committed myself to eating more food cooked by fire.

10:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home