Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Morning with Noam Chomsky...

There is nothing "gateway" radical about this guy. I've been reading his book "Hegemony or Survival," and it's giving me a lot to think about. I've taken to getting outside in the morning, as it's cooled off a bit, so reading and playing are more of an option. Ella rode her bike in the driveway and after reading, I got out my newly purchased cello and honked and squeaked for a bit.
Example
Here's a photo from the video we filmed for the first single to AAA radio, called "Work." It was filmed in one take (six times) at a studio in LA, and we got soaked everytime. Lots of fun, and we had a great sushi dinner with Janet & Tera at management, and a new writer friend we met named Allen. He's a wonderful guy, and to hear his story was an honor. I love what music does to/for people.

More to come - I still want some reflection done on my Africa trip. I feel that's a gap in my heart right now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Matthew Smith said...

Flibs-- the video looks to be awesome. Which reminds me, any chance the Superfriends will fly onto YouTube any time soon?

I'll be at the Belmont show tomorrow night. If you could kindly bring the rock, I would be most obliged.

1:49 PM

 
Blogger killedasouthernbelle said...

Nice CCM cover - just got it at work!

2:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home