Thursday, August 31, 2006

Help, in all it's forms...

Example
We just returned from a fantastic trip including LA, Seattle, and lastly Anchorage, Alaska. The time in Alaska was amazing. Medicinal. My thoughts were also with the Greenbelt festival in the UK, where Jude was rocking it Redemption-style.
Example
I was flipping through my photo library on my computer and this one called for posting. It's a picture I took at what we thought was an orphanage. We went down the road of committing to fund water catchment tanks for this place, and a friend on the ground in Rwanda has uncovered the whole thing is a scam. Not even an orphanage. It makes me feel ill. I don't really understand what to think about it. At the end of the day, we want to help people. Those we met, like this child pictured, needed assistance with resources. Why should helping people be such difficult work?
Example
Here is Lis, as we were being welcomed into another village. Singing, dancing. Joy embodied in the voices of people who live life on it's edge, and lean past the edge frequently. I saw her lean into the edge with them, receive the embrace and grab hands.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home