Monday, June 05, 2006

A full plate, a full heart.

It's been a difficult proposition to find blogtime. So, I've let a lot accumulate. Lis just had a birthday, which we'll celebrate this week. I'm excited to have her back after she took a roadtrip to Myrtle Beach.
Example
We had a great visit with my dad and his wife. They are in a great season of life, and I'm happy for them. We are very active with them when they visit Nashville. Shopping, visiting places, exercise, etc. All followed with something off the grill and a great bottle of red. I need to be better about calling. They'll be watching the kids while Lis and I go to Kenya and Rwanda to see some well projects we've done with Blood:Water.
Example
We ended up at the local renaissance fair this year. The weekend we went was called "Pirate Invasion." Evan came dressed in full costume as Jack Sparrow.
Example
School ending has meant for some sweet time with the kids. Evan finished 2nd grade, and Ella's got one more year of preschool. Time is flying. They have lots of thoughts to share, and my goal for each day this summer is to engage them with encouragement, spirit, and love. Bottom line, enjoy them and stay present with them.
Example
I've got an explanation for this, but I can't do it until it's announced. Let me say that I never thought I'd have a thing for acting. More on that soon.
Example
We've completed our last record. It's our best effort yet, many have said, and I think we'd concur. What little I've shared with friends has gotten lots of animated response, and that excites me about the future. This is a shot taken from a video we dreamed up. The future of independence has it that we can have an idea, and we can try it. Even if it means wearing monster costumes.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well...
I spot the controversial figure called Joel Tanis in the childrens' show(?) shot. Color me disturbed and curious.

fondly,
jdd

11:05 AM

 
Blogger Keith said...

Um, ESPECIALLY if it means wearing monster costumes.

Wish I could do that at my job.

Really enjoyed the last post as well. Thanks for the words. =) - Keith

2:31 PM

 
Blogger Steve said...

Keith - thanks for stopping by! Yeah, I wear that thing everywhere, now. :)

David - we need to sit and chat over coffee/pint/etc.

3:04 PM

 
Blogger Sady Jayne said...

It's like cookie monster with a guitar.

10:11 PM

 
Blogger Trevor Henderson said...

Teddy!! I thought I'd lost you years ago!! But here you are my dear sweet teddy bear!!! - hold on... you're not Teddy!! Oh my *!@$# it's hideous!!! What have you done to Teddy!!!

(Where does one even find a fur suit like that...)

10:40 AM

 
Blogger Steve said...

fur suits like this have to be solicited from a tailor. ;)

10:43 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you need to join Lis on her next trip to Myrtle Beach. Monster suit optional, although the kids would enjoy it....

1:56 PM

 
Blogger Trevor Henderson said...

I would like to have seen the look on the tailors face as you showed him the fabric.

Surely hunting on the set of sesame street is illegal?

Can't wait to hear the new music.

3:14 PM

 
Blogger killedasouthernbelle said...

Blue fur is quite becoming on you.

9:58 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home