Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Family fun...

Getting plugged back into life here has not been easy. I've had some tough sickness that I believe personally is related to British Airways more than it is anything I ate or drank in Africa. Fever, Kenya's revenge, and a pretty consistent headache have overruled the days, and the rest of the family has been sick, so for the first time in my life, I've postponed sickness, in a matter of speaking. So, today, I crash hard.

Last night, we had a fundraiser at our AAA baseball team's home game. The Nashville Sounds. We played a pregame concert and one dollar from each ticket was donated to blood:water for drilling wells!
Example
I met had the opportunity to deliver a ceremonial first pitch, and it went smashingly. I was low and inside, but if I was Greg Maddux, they'd have given me the strike. I got the "ooooo" from the audience, which was the best part for me.
Example
Ella and Evan met Ozzie, and after the gig we hung in a skybox and ate hotdogs and drank c-dogs. :) It was wonderful. Lots of Samson folks came out, and many from Ella's preschool community, too! It was great to get some attachment with my Africa experience and my home community.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carlen said...

HAPPY birthday, you!

12:44 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home