Monday, April 10, 2006

First of many...

Evan has been working on a couple of loose teeth, one destined to be his "first" lost tooth. Well, he lost it at school, and then literally lost it on the way home. So, we delayed the Tooth Fairy's visit until he recovered it. Evan recalled it blowing out the window on the bus, so we walked a quarter mile area to find it.

On our way home from the failed tooth hunt, we got a call from the bus driver, and it was left on the bus! So, there will be a tooth exchange with the Tooth Fairy!
Example
It reminded me of a little letter writing I did as a kid, corresponding with the Tooth Fairy. I had a lot of questions. I'd put a letter under my pillow, and get a response the next morning. I'm sure my mom enjoyed writing those notes for the first 2 or 3 days in a row, and then started to discourage further written exchanges, when I kept at it. Kids...

6 Comments:

Blogger GBug said...

What's the going rate for teeth? I think my first ones got me about 10p... by the time my sister's last teeth fell out she was up to £1!

Has he managed to learn to whistle through the gap yet?

1:38 AM

 
Blogger Steve said...

hahahha. We were discussing the rate of inflation. Based on the most recent tooth collective bargaining agreement (of 2003, I believe), I think it's at least 1USD, paper - not coins. Probably more, since it's a first tooth. :)

7:19 AM

 
Blogger Sady Jayne said...

The dentist pulled my wisdom teeth - just local anesthesia - just wrenched them right out of my head. The tooth fairy gave me $50 she was so impressed with my pain tolerance.

10:06 AM

 
Blogger killedasouthernbelle said...

will the tooth fairy come back to us as we lose teeth when we are seniors?

will we have to pay her/him?

10:46 AM

 
Blogger Rainbow dreams said...

How exciting :-)
we have had many exchanged letters with the tooth fairy as son lost the first one then swallowed the second!! Am pleased you found it though
And I'm not sure how many years she visits for either!

5:01 PM

 
Blogger Ima Poemer said...

Wait a minute....it's almost like you're implying the Tooth Fairy doesn't exist. Surely I'm not reading this correctly, am I?

11:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home