Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Ella Observations.

In accordance with the equal time policy on this blog, and trying to be fair and balanced, I have a small story from today, already.
Example
We have a morning ritual of joining with Evan while he waits for his bus. I try to pray with him, if but for a second, and give a few hugs. This isn't out of fear, as much as I might sometimes feel. I actually think a boy who knows he's well loved can fight well in the world.

So, getting outside early, Ella and Evan skateboarded around for a bit. As we walked up the driveway it looked pretty grey. As Evan's bus left, I turned to Ella and said,"It looks like it's going to rain today." To which she said,"Yes, Dad. It's going to rain because all the birds are in the trees, in their nesteses."

I don't know if that's scientifically true, but you probably guessed that I believed it.

5 Comments:

Blogger killedasouthernbelle said...

she lovely too and great teeth!

3:20 PM

 
Blogger Carlen said...

I freakin love that kid.

5:12 PM

 
Blogger Jena said...

love it!

8:13 PM

 
Blogger The Harbour of Ourselves said...

smiles that bring tears to your eyes...

4:13 AM

 
Blogger ohchicken said...

i love that girl. see you in 2 weeks?

8:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home