Tuesday, March 07, 2006

This day is for you...

There are few moments in someone's life like their wedding day. Some people are tentative and careful (ask me about mine), trying to acknowledge the weight of such implications on their lives.

Others shriek with joy and find exaltation in the moment. Being at Bryan and Melissa's wedding this weekend was a combination of all things. Leaning in to the moment with childlike wonder, and a feeling that life is gloriously forever changed.

Example

They both were beautiful. Alive and glowing. It was a sweet time with lots of friends and family.

So, in honor of Bryan and his lovely new wife Melissa, I say congratulations. I pray you have the freedom that comes from knowing how well loved you are, and how then you are freed up and provoked to love well and trust.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sady Jayne said...

Here, here. As we have just celebrated our four month anniversary, I am occassionally overcome by the feeling of freedom you so well described. It is a wonderful feeling knowing that you are unconditionally loved in a present and physical way.

I still giggle inside when I say "my husband".

And I hold onto those moments during the arguments and apologies. Never have I felt such a need to take care with someone.

5:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home