Wednesday, March 22, 2006

My morning glory...

I've been recovering some headspace in a wonderful way. Impossible to sustain, however. $7 breakfast out quickly becomes a $35 week. This labor of love takes place at the Frothy Monkey, on 12th Ave. Here's what it looks like:
Example
Granola, blueberries, strawberries, and bananas. The best cup of coffee in Nashville. My morning pages, and a Richard Rohr book. The morning pages are a most significant part of my story these days. It clears the slate creatively, and a month into it, I've finally gone back and read some of what I've written. I'm actually getting some insight. Some dots are connecting.

Stream of consciousness writing for a bit, eat the cereal, read, underline things, and sip coffee. What a life.

4 Comments:

Blogger akoosticman said...

OH! you're doing the 'artist's way' thing? yeah i remember writing some pretty zany stuff when i was doing that... anyway, hope all is well in nashville!

10:34 PM

 
Blogger e.d. said...

Excuse me, but I believe you meant "The best cup of coffee in Nashville besides Portland Brew. When can we expect the Steve Mason solo record?

8:03 PM

 
Blogger killedasouthernbelle said...

i used to do morning pages! not in a nice coffee house mind you - but quietly in the bathroom as not to wake my husband. i think they should be 3 am pages when you cant sleep after the cat has woken you up.

5:09 PM

 
Blogger Steve said...

Evan - Portland Brew scared the hell out of me. Grizzled coffee drinkers. Not much food. Need songs for the album. :)

Nat - I've heard it referred as "pages" to cover the impromptu nature of it...probably makes sense. Interested to hear more of your journey there! It's been rich for me.

7:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home