Saturday, January 14, 2006

Recalling memories.

My dad and his wife are visiting this weekend. He and I watched "From Russia With Love" tonight, in between NFL games. He was always a big Bond fan, and tonight was a great reminder of our connection over 007. I recall seeing this on the tv, late on Sunday nights.
Example
I didn't see the gaps in the story. I saw some cool gadgets, women always adorned in cocktail dresses chasing after Bond, and lots of henchmen taking a "I've just been shot" slow-motion-death-dive off of great heights. What's NOT to love?
Example
Besides that, some great hang time at a BBQ place watching the Illinois/Michigan game, and a relaxed weekend finding many reasons to be grateful. That makes the heart feel light.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I was laying in bed on saturday, with channel 24 on. Bond...all day.

I have to say, and I know it is cliche, but those were great movies. Campy, musically challenged, full of poorly-disguised inuendo...but great.

Maybe that is nostalgia and its rose-coloured glasses talking...but heh.

8:56 PM

 
Blogger malfunction54 said...

ah, yesh, mish monypenny. Hey, I love those Bond Marathons. Aren't they on TBS nowadays? Hehe, quality time with dad is a rare commodity these days. Glad you got to enjoy some one-on-one :)

5:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home