Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Pumpkins, scooters, coldplays, tours.

Evan came home from a school field trip, and talked about the things he saw at a pumpkin farm. There's a lot of animals, a petting zoo type thing, a hay maze, and at the end, they all get to take home a pumpkin.

He was explaining about one of the animals he saw at the farm. Story-telling takes a little while to happen for him. There's all sorts of nerves firing, I can see it in his eyes. He wants to tell me so I'm there with him.

In a moment of recollecting thoughts about what animals he saw, Ella offered a guess.
"A wine-ocer-idge?"

We were in Atlanta for the Coldplay show. I love to see artists succeed that are gracious in reflecting the praise and spirit offered up to them by an audience. I get the sense that they know they are a part of something bigger than themselves. Maybe not, but I hope that for them. I imagine it'd make the ride much more enjoyable. The show was incredible. There were moments where I just reached my hand out, almost to receive what they were bringing.

Example

A great highlight was when Michael Stipe joined Chris Martin on stage to sing "Nightswimming." Whew.

I want to buy a scooter. Not only for tooling around town with Lis, great gas mileage, my small errands and meetings with friends, I got bit by the bug at this retreat we had recently.
Example
2 atv's, a big hill, a shallow creek spring, and I was hooked. A man fully realized.

We're leaving for a tour soon. It's gonna be fun. We've got a great drummer sitting in with us for these dates, and we're getting more creative and risky than any other time I can remember. We'll see how this leads us into the next record. Don Miller is joining us!!

1 Comments:

Blogger ohchicken said...

we have a scooter. and it's awesome. yamaha vino. fun goes everywhere.

12:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home