Thursday, September 01, 2005

Retreat from retreating.

Let's catch up. Lots of travel. Lots of fun at home. Lots of life. It's left me feeling like this.

Example

I'm planning a weekend retreat. Read "taking on responsibility that I used to shirk, because I didn't think I was capable of such things." It's a new era - doing less of my material, and feeling like I can bring the FULL weight of who I am, without qualifying near as much as I usually do. Here's a strange part of that preparation...

Example

We're getting great weather in Nashville. It's hard to be mindful of so many that have suffered from the hurricane's devastation in Louisiana and Mississippi. I'm personally waiting for Pat Robertson to announce the hurricane is God's judgment on the lascivious acts that happen in New Orleans.

I just got the new Deathcab record. Other records getting mad spins on Flibbityradio are Annie (You were holding out on me - didn't know you could drop the beats?!?!) Ryan Adams and the Cardinals, The Band, Nostalgia 77, and the wonderful new Teenage Fanclub record,"Man-made."

Anchorman may be the best movie ever made.

Good to be back.

3 Comments:

Blogger malfunction54 said...

Good to see you back! You know what's weirder than Pat Robertson declaring a natural disaster as judgement from God? Those that believe that the occurence of a natural disaster is an outrage because we're Americans. I mean, we *are* better than everyone else, right? God *does* love _us_ more, no? Hey, Ryan Adams? The first time a friend of mine introduced me to his music, I thought he said "Bryan Adams". I punched him and spat in hist face. Then, I realized he said "Ryan", so I apologized and bought him a beer.

6:51 AM

 
Blogger ohchicken said...

...apparently, i can drop the beats.

this is, in my mind, worse than pat robertson's imminent declaration from God. i tried to post a comment there last night, one i thought was tactful and respectful, and they wouldn't post it!

disgusting.

i'm an angry bald bananie.
but i miss you.

5:36 PM

 
Blogger Steve said...

Good to hear from you all. I confess, I had to say something crazy like, Anchorman is the best movie ever, just to spike a reaction. :)

Good to be back.

10:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home