Friday, June 03, 2005

The New Life

Therefore, having put away falsehood, let each one of you speak the truth with his neighbor, for we are members one of another.
Ephesians 4:25


How are hard is it to tell the truth? Pretty damn difficult. Especially the truth about myself. My longings, my insecurities, my fears. Telling them to someone, trusting them with that exposed view of what lurks in my darkness.

Finding a relationship, a community to bear that is a journey. It’s difficult – a lot of stories enter the tragic chapter at this point. Offering a vulnerability, a power of information and falling under some evil and manipulating authority, or over-sharing and scaring off those that simply don’t care to know that much about reconciling our faith to our humanity.

Ah, it’s a highly valued treasure, once found. The sheer elation of the unbound heart is worth the risk. What gains are made by speaking secrets to the air surely crush the losses of a tentative life.

In the end, what’s regretted in most stories is not the attempts but the failures to try. Freedom of heart gets me to the life I’ve wanted as nothing ever has before.

2 Comments:

Blogger ohchicken said...

i am really missing that kind of community.

(miss you.)

4:00 PM

 
Blogger GBug said...

me too babies. Me too.

(miss you both)

7:31 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home