Wednesday, May 25, 2005

What happened last night?

We did two "sessions" with Jim Wallis for his book tour supporting "God's Politics." There were some good things mentioned, and frankly, I haven't unpacked it all to a great degree. Yes, some of it sounds hard to impliment on a "what next" kind of level. The heart of what he's speaking about is about being a wind-changer. His final commission was from a friend that had past away, after being a huge leader in their DC area. "We are the ones we're waiting for."

Why have I failed to unpack it all yet? Because of "Gimme Shelter" with Ashley Cleveland, Kenny Greenberg and Buddy Miller. And Emmylou Harris joining us on "All My Tears." Geez, my soul is vibrating right now. My body hums down the street. Last night was a great gift to me.

Still a kid, still a music fan, still being moved, still being changed.

2 Comments:

Blogger GBug said...

never change that being changed thing.

it looks beautiful on you.

x

7:43 PM

 
Blogger ohchicken said...

yeah, i played with emmylou before.
not so big a deal. really.

i don't know why you're glowing so much.

:)

7:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home