Tuesday, April 05, 2005

When I am old...

I was struck about something in conversation with Carlen, tonight. If I make it to senior citizenship, I'm not going to gather my grandkids around the fireplace and share with them all the great nights of sleep I enjoyed.

The stories will come from the nutty and impractical - I'd be kickin' it in the Nashvegas latenight on occasion and get some great story to tell, should I forego the sleep and make the journey north.

Like a drunk japanese steakhouse owner kicking my friend's car.

Now, to find: ho·me·o·sta·sis (hō'mē-ō-stā'sĭs)

n. The ability or tendency of an organism or cell to maintain internal equilibrium by adjusting its physiological processes.

2 Comments:

Blogger Carlen said...

Well said.

I, however, likely won't MAKE it to senior citizenship for all the hell I put my body through on a daily basis. Good stories? I'll have 'em, just probably not for the grandkids (not mine, anyway.)

4:15 PM

 
Blogger Carlen said...

Geez! Where ARE you? Your public awaits a new insight!
(There. How was that?)

3:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home