Wednesday, February 16, 2005

32 Eskimo Words For Love

I did a lot of flying recently. Had a weekend to remember. Still trying to unpack it with loved ones. Part of the joy was reading. I left my computer/email-appendage at home, so it left me with a good amount of time to read.

I consumed Sue Monk Kidd's book The Secret Life of Bees. Not only did I fall in love with this great story, many of the expressions, and the characters, but I also came to love how she wrote it.

She had a small interview segment at the back of the book that dealt with this. It started with some images. Images and a few specific scenes. And it grew under her watch. I like that about creating - it feels like so much is in the immediate gift or natural brilliance of an artist. Not so much seems made about the tenacious ways of following a project, sometimes dropping it and picking it up, and finally seeing it grow to a size and shape never expected in the beginnning.

This enriched the weekend for me.

OK, that and hot saki, sushi brilliance, and chatting up and/or getting my picture with ?uestlove, Cyndi Lauper, and Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

More to come on that, for sure. Pictures, too, if I figure that out.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sady Jayne said...

KAMPAI!

10:15 PM

 
Blogger GBug said...

still can't believe you got whipped by Mr Chapman. love ya. x

7:07 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home