Monday, January 10, 2005

Sushi story...

I have a few friends I could call at any moment. One lives in Ohio, but we met here in Nashville, about 10 years ago. He comes back to Nashville every Christmas, or sometime thereafter, and we have developed a tradition. I'm beginning to believe that relationships and traditions are part of the sweetness we enjoy on earth. It keeps us looking forward to the next time, and the moments together are full of great stories and that's what I love about life these days.

Well, we ate at "Shogun" a japanese steakhouse complete with the shrimp throwing and the knife juggling. This was an improvised plan, as our usual sushi place wasn't open on Sunday. After a pretty decent sushi experience there, we were off to my house for a brief stop, and then to a frat bar for a pint, and the more intense story telling. That concluded, and we headed back to "Shogun" to pick up my buddy's car. He had left it there in the parking lot, and rode with me, as to maximize our time together.

We can talk, the two of us. Lots of catching up, lots having happened in 2004. We stayed there in the lot and chatted for another 30 minutes. It's now 10:30pm, and I see two fellows leave the restaurant. There aren't many other cars, so I assume this is the owner/chef/employee leaving. In fact it is, and he's drunk off his ass. His friend gets in the car. He stumbles over to us. Asking us what the F@#% we're doing in the parking lot. Of course, I happily tell him we ate there this evening, and are leaving. He proceeds to tell me he's "kidding," like that punk-ass bully in high school that you knew wasn't kidding. He starts in again, and I remind him I gave my $50 tonight, and don't want to be bothered.

In a drunken stupor, he turns around and tells me all those restaurants in Cool Springs are his, he makes 2 million dollars a year, and doesn't need my F%$*ing $50. Fine, I smile. I need to make sure all my good friends know what good people own the "Shogun" restaurant in Cool Springs. In a final moment of triumph, he kicked my friend's car.

So, we have a new sushi tradition. Spread the good word.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carlen said...

Get OUT! This is a F@#$ing fabulous story. What a jacka@#. I'll spread the word in the hood.

11:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home