Monday, November 08, 2004

Ordinary Days

Maybe the bulk of life isn't so much in the highs and lows, but maybe the days in between. The most important and life-defining stories might be masked in dull dress and annoying voice.

Well, I think I've been missing it. I'm working towards some goals. Sorts of things that will bring about a certain sense of "arrival." What does it look like to be in that moment? Is there a happiness to come in a few years, many years, or is it here, and I'm not perceptive enough to see it? What am I waiting for?

I think a better understanding of ordinary days will bring about more joy. Appreciation. A soft heart.

In the meantime, I aim to be bored to life.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carlen said...

Are you calling my dress dull and my voice annoying?

I like what you wrote here - simply and earnestly put. Good to chew.
Blogging is cool! (Though illegal in school internet traffic.)

10:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home